Full time (40 hr/wk) or part time accepted, Monday-Friday only, no weekends or major holidays, someafterhours may be requested. 8-10 hour shifts with 1.5 hour lunch breaks.
The Crossings at Inlet Beach - 13123 East Emerald Coast Parkway Unit D, Inlet Beach, FL 32461
Paws in Paradise Animal Hospital is a brand new small animal practice that seeks to be a pillar of thecommunity through service-oriented care for our clients and their pets. Our objectives are to:
1) Provide optimal medical and preventative care for our patients.
2) Provide transparent, clear, and effective communication.
3) Actively give back to the community through service and involvement
We believe in fostering a culture of community and family for our employees and clients, providingthem a fulfilling environment to be in while building something we can all be proud of together. Wevalue the relationship, continued trust, and goodwill established with our clients, employees, andcommunity, and we focus on making each experience exceptional.
State license to work as a certified/licensed/registered veterinary technician in Florida
The role of the licensed veterinary technician is to exercise their training and expertise in the clinicalsetting, assist the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to thepatients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency. The veterinary technician assists inmultiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, dental procedures,surgeries, immunizations, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing and inventory maintenance.This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases; theirsymptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health carerecommendations. The veterinary technician is under the direct guidance and supervision of theveterinary technician team leader and veterinarians.
1. Assist veterinarians in the practice of veterinary medicine, surgery, and anesthesia.
2. Assist veterinarians in outpatient exams by taking histories, vital signs, and weights as well asproviding client education.
3. Perform technical procedures, surgical preparation and monitoring of patients.
4. Client education on wellness/preventative medicine, and assisting doctors in patient care.
5. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, kneel, bend, and properly restrain active animals.
6. Performing diagnostic tests and X-rays.
7. Placing catheters.
8. Collecting specimen samples.
9. Perform in-hospital lab testing and prepare specimens for outside labs.
10. Administering medications, vaccines, and treatments.
1. Provides support with all community and client communications and interactions includingChamber of Commerce functions and community outreach initiatives.
2. Contributes to team effort by providing input on best practices for accomplishing company goalsand seeks constant improvement for this position.
3. Willingness to assist with and perform other duties as requested.
1. Ability to prioritize effectively and proactively problem-solve and have good attention to detail.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Competency in computer data entry and basic recordkeeping.
4. Human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors/customers in person or on the telephone.
5. Demonstrated capability with organizational skills and time management.
6. Good Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
7. Ability to work in a team environment.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Active, on your feet for 8-10 hours per day and requirement to lift up to 50 lbs.
Starting pay at $16.00 per hour. Adjustments commensurate with experience. Regular raises areconsidered based on time with the company, efficiency with job position, and increase inresponsibilities.
Production and bonus pay consistent with company profits.
COMPANY BENEFITS (NEGOTIABLE):
Paid time off and sick leave
CALL TO ACTION:
At Paws in Paradise Animal Hospital, we are not looking to be just another veterinary clinic. Animalshave been an integral part of each or our lives; from dogs and cats, to pigs and cows, and even sea turtlesand other marine animals. Our clients, employees, and greater community need to see, by our actions,what we are all about. In other words, the value we are proposing:
● We facilitate pet owners in getting the most out of life for their furry companions by providingthe tools needed for health, happiness, and community.
● We help our team members realize their potential through connecting them with opportunities ingrowth, advancement, and doing what they love.
● We contribute to our community through outreach, involvement, and dedication to the future.
If this sounds like what you have been searching for within veterinary medicine, we’d love for you to bepart of the team
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the essential job required,management reserves the rights to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assignother duties as necessary.